Thursday 18 March 2010

Existence Vs Consciousness

[Stage Set: The backdrop is pitch black. A mahogany table and chair is placed at the center of the stage. A glass full of some clear looking liquid is placed on the table.]

[Existence enters from the left, drifting into view, walking with no apparent purpose. It sits on the chair and takes a few sips from the clear looking liquid. In jumps Consciousness, looking quite wispy, from the right, conjuring multi-coloured firecrackers all around it, indicating its happiness over some kind of unfathomable victory over Existence.]

Existence: What's with the smirk?

Consciousness: I won! I was here first!

Existence: (amused) Huh? And who has been drinking this "clear looking liquid" then?

Consciousness: (closes its eyes trying to concentrate very hard) Poof!

Existence: (even more amused) I don't see where this is going.

Consciousness: (opens its eyes and is disappointed to see the glass and "clear looking liquid" still in front of it) Meh! Explain this! You couldn't have been first unless I was there to see that you came first. So I came first!

Existence: That is not even logical! Do you mean to say that I am here only because you can see me? Coz that is just stupidity!

Consciousness: Well...but is that not kind of true! I mean, without me, who would ever know that you are here?

Existence: Okay, smart lass! If I wasn't here and so wasn't this table, glass and chair, who would you see and know then?

Consciousness: Ha! Gotcha! I would still be able to see and know my "images"!

Existence: Wow! You really are a self obsessed freak! I'm outta here!

[Existence exits.]

Consciousness: Hey! Don't go...I'll....(Consciousness unwillingly disappears into the "black"drop.)

[Curtain falls.]

THE END

2 comments: